Gas CAD Designer III
- Prepare 3 dimensional design drawings, plan, section and elevation drawings, piping isometric drawings, piping and instrumentation diagrams, and structural fabrication drawings for proposed gas facility projects (i.e., general building layouts, vaults, pits, compressor stations, metering and regulating stations, etc.)
- Prepare simple to intermediate level maps and enter land base information into CAD mapping system using land plats and/or GPS (Global Positioning System) data
- Assist internal and external customers by providing them with maps and other needed facility design data; assist with research and provide required information and data
- Perform simple to intermediate mathematical calculations for describing rights-of-way, pipeline stationing, or facility dimensions; maintain good record keeping of design drawings
- Provide gas facility and mapping information to engineering, construction and other company personnel; provide gas facility information to external customers (i.e., engineering firms, Blue Stakes, Government agencies, etc.)
- Work under the direction of immediate and lead supervision to carry out design and drafting assignments at an intermediate skill level with limited latitude in the use of initiative and independent judgment; and perform other duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of: Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) programs; property rights-of-way and surveying principles; basic arithmetic (i.e., algebra, geometry, and trigonometry); and standard practices and terminology.
- Experience with: AutoCAD, MS Outlook, Word and Excel. Preferred experience in: 3-Dimensional piping and plant design software, such as AutoDesk Plant 3D, or CADWorx, or equivalent. Experience using Civil 3D is a plus, but not required. The ideal candidate will also have experience reading, interpreting, creating and drawing piping and instrumentation diagrams (P&ID’s) and will be familiar with industry standard P&ID symbols.
- Ability to: communicate effectively orally and in writing; read and understand Questar Gas and Questar Pipeline facility drawings, alignment sheets, pre- and post-constructed field notes and surveys; read and decipher field note and survey book information; work independently with minimal supervision; understand and respond to written and oral instructions; see objects at close range; determine the distance and relationship between objects; match and discriminate between colors and intensity; hear and respond to telephone and equipment; be mobile and possess hand dexterity; reach around a computer station; contribute to a positive work environment; be courteous to co-workers and customers, follow directions from supervisors and lead CAD Designers; and refrain from abusive or profane language and behavior in the workplace.
- Requirements: regular attendance; two-year associate degree or certificate in Computer Aided Design or drafting from an accredited institution or equivalent professional experience; proficient in the field of drafting and be able to meet reasonable drawing completion deadlines; a valid driver’s license; an acceptable driving record; some short duration field visits may be required; and adherence to all company policies, including the company Business Ethics and Compliance Policy, and to all applicable industry rules and regulations such as FERC compliance
- The Company is actively seeking United States military veterans who meet the qualifications outlined above.
Requires: prolonged use of a computer; occasional travel with overnight stays; field visits to gas pipeline or gas processing facilities; adherence to Company safety practices; climbing of stairs and ladders; gathering field data such as piping layout, schematics, and dimensions.
May require: shift changes; and working overtime, weekends, and/or holidays for project completion.
Certain positions at Dominion Energy may involve access to information and technology subject to export controls under U.S. law. Compliance with these export controls may result in Dominion Energy limiting its consideration of certain applicants.
We offer excellent plans and programs for employees. Employees are rewarded with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits package which may include: health benefits with coverage for families and domestic partners, vacation, retirement plans, paid holidays, tuition reimbursement, and much more. To learn more about our benefits, click here dombenefits.com.
Dominion Energy is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to a diverse workforce. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their protected veteran or disabled status.
You can experience the excitement of our company – it's the difference between taking a job and starting a career.